12 September 2006

Color Stella excited

and drinking alone. I think I'll survive here in BF, SS (That's BumFuck, StateSouth, for those of you in the know.). I've found a good Thai restaurant, a decent sushi place, a natural foods store, a farmers' market, AND a rocktastic liquor store. First, a caveat: while nearly everything in this place is dirt cheap compared to prices over there where Inga still lives, wine is hella expensive! The Pepperwood Grove Pinot Noir that Inga and I had chosen as our house wine because of its reasonable three-digit price, is four dollars more expensive here than in a place where homes cost double what they do here! WTF? Okay, anyhow, the liquor store is rocktastic. I think I mentioned that already. They carry the entire Bogle and Estancia lines. They've got a nice little section of too-expensive-for-any-occasion-I'll-be-involved-in wines. Better news? Tomorrow is "ladies' night," which means that we get a discount, I'm assuming. Best news? They carry the bottled sangria that's served at the tapas place we used to go to in the City. Seriously, if I light a cigarette in another room, play some crappy Spanish pop music, and close my eyes, I almost think I'm in the cafe bar. Where's my salmon ahumado?! Trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home