25 March 2006

Effing Windows

Voicestick, a new VoIP thingie, seemed as if it would be a good little Mac-friendly product. I mean, it looks like a Mac product, all white and tiny and cute. As I'm reading about it, I'm thinking, Egads! I could call people all over the planet for super-cheap! Family in Germany and England! Friends in Japan! Dev, once he's left the continent! I could take it with me to Europe and use my cell phone as if I were in the US. Amazing!, I'm thinking.

Then, I see this:

What Operating Systems are supported?
Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Why bother with all that development and design (which is pretty obviously copying the Mac sensibility), and then launch it only for Windows?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ivan Grozny said...

"Why bother with all that development and design (which is pretty obviously copying the Mac sensibility), and then launch it only for Windows?"

Because Macs suck.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Ivan Grozny said...

Let me elaborate. Chances are, Macintosh is the problem. Most likely, Macs are incompatable with the product and not the other way around.

8:10 AM  
Blogger stella said...

Listen here, IG ~ Them's fightin' words 'round here in the Mac majority -- me, Inga, Dev, that husband in your life. ; )

10:32 AM  
Blogger Ivan Grozny said...

Mac was most likely charging too much money for the licencing to be compatable with their product. They may be launching their own Mac VoIP or something. I dont know for sure. I dont own a betabax computer.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home