21 March 2006

oi boy

Wow, so it's hard to believe, but once upon a time, this boy broke Inga's heart, truly, madly, deeply. He's a wonderful poet, and it's lovely that he's doing well now. Back in the day he had a girlfriend. I was like the pseduo-girlfriend; I knew it, he knew it, damn. Everybody knew it. Here's what I remember:

  • long conversations about writing, writing, and more writing
  • the 'er' at the end of my name rather than the 'a' - ala Inger rather than Inga
  • he was friends with my true love, the Irishman, who loved him, too
  • the first night he kissed me, he pointed out the constellations in the evening sky
  • the parting was bad - very bad
  • at a friend's wedding years later, he'd forgotten the name of my dead dog
  • the night he finally apologized for all his wrongs, it no longer mattered

But Stella, bff that she is, thinks I've aged better, even though he's younger! Thank god for Chanel eye cream.

But 'Matt' seems to run in the snarky world. This is the Matt Stella knew!

1 Comments:

Blogger cK said...

Yeeeeeeee wowch! Memories. So many peculiar overlaps have occurred of late to recall them. It's all written in fine font, up-down, diagonally, words topping themselves on the back of a postcard the size of a lottery check, that jumanji one you pose with for press photos. Deciphering it is part guesswork, but I remember Matilda. She was a spark.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home