15 January 2007

resolution for the new year

i don't usually participate in the new year's resolution game. i know myself well enough not to fool myself into believing that on some particular date, i will suddenly find the willpower to do much different(ly) than i have been for the years or months before.

this year, i have one. i'm letting everyone i know off the hook for at least one unfulfilled promise. my expectation, my waiting for the fulfillment of those oft-miniscule promises keeps only me without resolution. even just an earnest "i'll make you a cd of that" stops me from getting that music myself, only to miss it forever waiting for that damned, promised cd.

so, my new year's resolution - to resolve.

2 Comments:

Blogger cK said...

I resolve never to watch a full episode of Judge Judy.

Having successfully met this resolution for the entire length of the series, I'm feeling pretty cocky about this one. I'm setting the bar LOW.
-cK

4:45 PM  
Blogger lynda said...

oh, and i resolve to never watch an entire episode of that awful sitcom with jami gertz and that guy from the full monty - he's british but does a mean american accent on it - oh, is that show even on anymore?

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home